Community Leader Program
While the COVID-19 pandemic is keeping us from having large events, that doesn’t mean we can’t raise awareness in communities around the world!
This year, we are excited to announce our Shades for Migraine Community Leader program! If you are passionate about raising awareness for migraine and love to get involved in your community, we want you to join our team!
What does it mean to be a Shades for Migraine Community Leader?
Being a community leader means you will spread the Shades for Migraine message within your community, equipped with resources provided by SFM. You will help educate and connect with people in your community to not only raise awareness about migraine disease but to introduce them to a world of resources that can help on their migraine journeys. This position will be needed from May 15 to June 21. You can also build a community “team” by working with friends, family, neighbors or coworkers to make a bigger impact or to lighten your workload.
Ideal Community Leader Traits
We are looking for at least two community leaders from every US state and at least 10 countries! Leaders should:
- Have a passion for and understanding of migraine
- Be willing to talk to new people
- Be comfortable talking to the media (this is just a plus, not a requirement)
The SFM Community Leader Success Kit
Shades for Migraine is devoted to helping you make your outreach a success! All leaders will be provided with:
- Bulk quantities of SFM sunglasses and educational handouts for giveaways
- T-shirts and pens upon request
- Marketing materials including sample social media posts, flyers, etc.
- Fundraising platform and resources
- Media resources
- Training webinar - leaders will have a chance to meet one another, share ideas and get tips from the SFM team
How can Community Leaders spread the word?
- Distribute sunglasses and resources in your workplace, healthcare centers, schools, churches, pharmacies, neighborhood, sporting events, concerts, kids sports games, on windshields, etc. (we understand options may vary based on location and COVID impact)
- Contact your local media to feature a story about migraine and Shades for Migraine
- Hold a team fundraiser to represent your state
- Share posts on social media
- Host a virtual event - yoga, meditation, migraine-friendly cooking class, Q&A, etc.
- Connect with your local politicians
Options are endless, SFM welcomes your creative ideas for raising awareness!
Why Be A Community Leader?
Migraine is misunderstood, stigmatized and underrecognized. By speaking up about migraine, you may find many people in your area are being impacted by this disease. You will play a role in educating people on the prevalence of the disease and how severely people can be affected by it. You will help strengthen and grow the migraine community by inspiring others to speak out about their experiences and provide them with the reassurance that they are not alone. For those in your community that do not have migraine, you can help them better understand what life is like for the people in their lives that do have the disease.
The SFM Community Leader program is what you make of it. If you want a fun way to raise awareness for an important cause, this is it! Will you represent your state or country as a Shades for Migraine Community Leader? Apply now using the form below!