*Submission for new events will be closed this year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Stay tuned for details on events that will continue to be held as scheduled.
TAKING IT TO THE STREETS
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Apply to hold your event using the event submission form below
- You will need:
- Lead organizer must secure a team of 3 or more co-leaders to ensure there will be enough leadership at the event in case of illness, etc.
- An iconic or highly populated event location (permits may be required)
- A date ideally within June 13 – June 21
- A time and length of the event
WHAT IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE
- All volunteers will gather in the event location for distribution of sunglasses, t-shirts, handouts and posters
- Volunteers will hand out sunglasses and information cards and start conversations with people on the streets (We recommend that volunteers work in groups of 2 or more)
- Have volunteers hold posters to create a “scene”
- Optional: videographer, photographer, penguin costume, music, stilts, circus animals. Make the event your own, bring on your creativity!
SFM will provide support to event leaders with:
- Access to volunteer registry, including videographers, photographers and event support
- Registration of volunteers through our website
- Poster designs – to be printed by event organizers (instructions provided)
- Promo materials including a press release, social media content, flyers (SFM will work with event leaders to provide graphics in additional languages)
- Free sunglasses & handouts
- Team leader badge/flag/pin & t-shirts
- Free shipping of T-Shirts that were purchased during registration with a list of people and sizes (A minimum number of volunteers will be needed before we send the SFM t-shirts and glasses)
- Promotion of your event through Shades for Migraine social media channels
- An event planning checklist
Additional funds will allow you to get more t-shirts, posters, videographer/photographers, mascot outfit, etc.
- SFM will provide a sponsorship/donation request letter
- Leaders can start a GoFundMe (Click “Join”, then “Create Your Own Team”, then name your team your event location and organization name if applicable and set your goal)
- Facebook birthday fundraiser (SFM will provide instructions for this)